We can cope with events, our mood and stress better when we are:
- Sleeping well
- Exercising daily
- Managing any pain or physical health problem
- Eating regularly and well.
- Managing our alcohol and drug consumption.
- Doing something relaxing daily
- Meeting our sensory needs eg for more stimulation or less stimulation in our week.
If one of these areas is a problem area for you it is worth thinking about whether you can make any changes.
Sometimes we need to change the situation that we are in. This may include work, relationships, home environment or friendship groups. Or sometimes we need to work on improving our personal relationships. When we are stressed it can be difficult to see how we can do anything at all about some of these things.
It can be helpful to have a quiet moment to think about what is causing you stress and to develop a simple step by step plan to resolve it.
"There are only 4 Solutions to Solve any Problem:"**
Change the Situation.
Change your thinking about the Situation.
Accept the Situation.
from Behaviourtech. Dialectical Behaviour Therapy